We always wonder that why we should eat walnuts? the reason behind this is walnuts are considers as a great source of phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamin and omega-3 fatty acid.
here are some reasons why we should eat walnuts?
- Keeps the heart Healthy : Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 fatty acid and are an ample source of monounsaturated fatty acids (72%). It also contains EFAs like linoleic acid, alpha linolenic acid (ALA), and arachidonic acids. it had been proved that the inclusion of walnuts in any diet helps prevent coronary heart diseases by favoring a healthy lipid supply. Consumption of walnuts also reduce bad cholesterol (LDL ) and increases level of good cholesterol (HDL ).
- Keep the hair and skin healthy : Walnuts are rich in Vitamin A, C and K and also contains the good amount of the protein, hence eating regularly keep you hair and skin healthy.The vitamin E present in walnuts helps in maintaining and protecting the skin from free radicals that are harmful in nature.
- Keeps the Brain Activate : Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 fatty acid and are having good source of Vitamin E, which is a strong lipid soluble antioxidant. This both ingredients keep the brain active.
- Balance the Insulin Level : People having diabetes can have walnuts on a regular basis without any significant weight gain, since walnuts contain a high amount of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. this will reduce the risk of developing type-II diabetes. and also maintain the level of the insulin.
- Improve the bone health :Essential fatty acids from walnuts secure the health of bone of the body. These will increase calcium absorption and deposition, while reducing urinary calcium excretion. 100 gram walnut contains 49% of phosphorus this keeps the bone and the muscles strong.
- Regulate the Body Temperature : 100gram Walnut contains 45% of magnesium, this helps to regulate the body temperature and keep energize.
- Blood Circulation :High amount of iron present in the walnut maintain the hemoglobin level and improve the transfer of oxygen from one cell to other cell. this maintain the blood circulation. Consumption of 25 grams of walnuts every day would provide 90% of the recommended daily intake of Essential fatty acids, which will lowers the risk of high blood pressure.
- Weight Management :The amount of fat, carbohydrate, and calories content found in walnuts is about 18 grams, 190 cal, and 4 grams, respectively per 30 grams. Therefore, it is believed that walnut consumption may result in weight gain. However, research have shown that walnut consumption of about 35 grams per day did not result in any significant weight gain.
- Mood Booster :A scientific study indicates that a lack of omega-3 fatty acids (provided by walnuts) cause hyperactivity, irritability, and tantrums. Supplementing a child’s diet with walnuts compensates the deficit in EFAs and alleviates their mood. It is even applicable to adults who are battling depression and stress.